Master of Arts in Islamic Thought and Civilisation
MASTER OF ARTS IN ISLAMIC THOUGHT AND CIVILISATION (BY RESEARCH)
1. The aim of the Master of Arts in Islamic Thought and Civilisation (Research) programme is to produce graduates with scientific, comprehensive and integrated knowledge, skills and attitudes who are capable of becoming researchers, teachers/trainers, and/or consultants/practitioners in Islamic Thought and Civilisational studies who consider local and international contexts in their areas of expertise.
2. The educational objectives of the Master of Arts in Islamic Thought and Civilisation (Research) programme is to produce graduates in Islamic Thought and Civilisation who can:
- Provide society with an understanding of the increasingly complex situation in the world today where Islamic ideas play a very significant role.
- Develop specialization in major areas of Islamic Thought and Civilisation with lexibility in the areas of concentration of studies, according to individual and societal needs and interests.
- Facilitate contribution to Islamic civilisation through knowledge, science and scholarship.
3. Duration of study
4. Entry requirements
Good bachelor degree or equivalent professional qualification; Obtained a CGPA of 2.7 and above in a related field; and Proficient in English Language (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 570) or the IIUM administered English Placement Test (EPT).
5. Expected areas of graduate employment
Academia; Research Organisations;Relevant Civil Service Agencies.
6. Programme Structure
Components of the programme and its value;
7. List of course/module offered in the Masters’ programme