OFFICE OF THE CAMPUS DIRECTOR
Student Services Department is located at ground floor, One Stop Student Centre. The department has been established to assist the student on welfare, financial assistance, sponsorship & scholarship and general management. There are three sub-units under this department which are:
- Welfare and Financial Assistance Unit
- Sponsorship and Scholarship Unit
- General Office Administration
WELFARE AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UNIT
Liaison office between IIUM Kuantan and other internal and external agencies such as Student Affairs and Development Division (STADD) & IIUM Endowment Fund (IEF), IIUM Gombak Campus, Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Resam Melayu Pahang (MUIP), Etiqa Insurance, and others for:
- Khairat Financial Assistance
- Zakat Assistance
- Mahabbah Food Coupon Programme
- Student Employment on Campus (SEOC)
- SSD Foodbank
- Insurances Coverages and Claims
- Disability affairs
SPONSORSHIP AND SCHOLARSHIP UNIT
- To assist on the sponsorship, scholarship, or any others by any financial institutions.
- Assist the financial institutions in providing updated information and records of the student
- Liaise with respective agencies, state foundations, private sectors and IIUM Finance Division in providing scholarship or any study loan for eligible IIUM Kuantan students
- Promoting and advertising the scholarship offered
- Providing certification letters for students related to the sponsorship
GERNERAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Ensure the filing and records keeping of the office
- Structure the strategic planning, website, information distribution and programs under the office
- Prepare and publish reports for internal and external relevant offices
- Coordinate / involvement in official events and programs by the university
To ensure all matters related to student welfare, financial assistance and scholarship are preserved and always committed in assisting them.
To establish a centre of managing student affairs and become the centre of reference to all matters related to functions of the department.
- To assist the students on their difficulties in terms on financial assistance and other related needs, as well as their welfare.
- To provide services for the students in terms of processing application for scholarships and matters related to their sponsorship.
- To become liaison office between the Financial Institutions or scholarship providers and the students.
|Head of Department|
|Muhammad Fadhlullah Bin Sharuddin|
Assistant Director (N41)
|Rahmah bt. Othman|
Senior Administrative Assistant
Services Offered to Students
1) Students’ Welfare
i) Zakat Assistance
To act as a liaison with Zakat Unit Gombak Campus on any opportunities for students to apply, process and recommendation.
- Announcement on early new semester.
- Open for all needy students (fulltime).
- Can apply only once per year.
- MUST have CGPA/results from last semester/block system.
ii) Khairat Financial Assistance
To assist students’ application for Khairat, which includes few processes such as application, shortlisting, interview, recommendation and approval. Types of Khairat assistance:
- General Khairat financial assistance
- Khairat Assistance due to death case
iii) B40 Students
Responsible for B40 student’s database in IIUM Kuantan campus. Students who fall under the B40 category (monthly household income below RM4,850.00) can register with our office for further financial assistance and benefits.
iv) Insurances Coverages and Claims
To liaise with Etiqa Insurance and Student Affairs and Development Division (STADD) from Gombak Campus on any matters related to insurance claim and coverage. Sample of the forms:
Insurance schemes provided:
- Group Personal Accident (GPA) for IIUM local and International students:
- Permanent Disablement
- Hospital allowance
- Medical expenses
- Amount covered up to RM30,000.00
- Group Hospital and Surgical (GHS) for IIUM international students only
- In-patient treatment
- Emergency & outpatient treatment
- Amount covered up to RM20,000.00
v) Mahabbah Food Coupon Programme
To monitor the distributing coupons to all needy/B40 students
- Assist on the coupon distribution
- Each student can collect maximum of 20 coupons per month
- Available to redeem at any food outlet under the Food and Services Unit (FSU) in Kuantan campus and SKG Café (SASMEC) only.
- Food coupon can be collected from Student Services Department Office
To monitor and managing the reports received from the Food and Services Unit including the payment to the vendors.
vi) Student Employment On Campus (SEOC)
- Assisting needy/B40 students by offering working opportunities to for them and receive financial assistance to support their daily expenses.
- IIUM providing supports for students with financial difficulties to work for part-time basis. The project will be based on mutual cooperation with respective Kuliyyah, Centers, Divisions, Institutes, Offices and Mahallah (K/C/D/I/O/M) and the students will handle short term projects or initiatives by the university.
vii) SSD Foodbank
- Providing ready to eat food for B40/needy students in campus
- The Foodbank available in the SSD office for dried food such as biscuits, 3 in 1 drinks, cereals, bread and fresh fruits
- Provide the free lunch for B40/needy students in mahallah.
2) Sponsorship and Scholarship
i) Liaison Office
To liaise with internal and external agencies that are providing supports and financial assistance to the students including updating the status and information of the students.
Main Internal stakeholders:
IIUM Endowment Fund (IEF)
Student Finance Unit, Finance Division
Main External Stakeholders:
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA)
Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
Majlis Ugama Islam Pahang (MUIP)
Yayasan Pelajaran Johor (YPJ)
Kerajaan Negeri Kedah
Kerajaan Negeri Selangor
Majlis Agama Islam dan Adat Melayu Terengganu (MAIDAM)
Majlis Agama Islam Dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan (MAIK)
Yayasan Pelajaran Sabah
Kerajaan Negeri Perak
Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman
ii) Sponsorship Certification Letter
Providing certification letter for students related to a sponsorship/scholarship. The request form can be downloaded here:
iii) Managing opportunities for students
Responsible office for receiving information and promoting the scholarship/sponsorship and Financial assistance offered by IIUM or other agencies.
3) General Administration
- Ensure the filing and records keeping of the office are according to the university format.
- Structure the strategic planning, website, information distribution and programs under the office.
- Prepare and publish reports for internal and external relevant offices.
- Coordinate / involvement in official events and programs by the university.
Student Services Department (SSD).
One Stop Student Centre,
Office of the Campus Director,
IIUM Kuantan Campus,
Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Bandar Indera Mahkota,
25200 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur,
+609-570 4092 / 4155
For general enquiries, please refer to student services counter at One Stop Student Centre or directly email to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org