CALLING FOR PAPERS. “UNIFYING THE UMMAH AND SERVING FOR HUMANITY” *In conjunction with International Women Summit 2016
Tarikh : 17 November 2015
Dilaporkan Oleh : WebMaster
Kategori : News
CALLING FOR PAPERS.
“UNIFYING THE UMMAH AND SERVING FOR HUMANITY”
*In conjunction with International Women Summit 2016
All IIUM Community
Dear Tan Sri/Dato’/Prof./Dr./Bro./Sis.
Assal?mu cAlaikum Warahmatull?hi Wabarak?tuh
Office of Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Mosque is calling for academic papers to represent IIUM in International Women Summit 2016 with the theme, “Unifying The Ummah and Serving for Humanity. Every details of the seminar are as mentioned below.
In today’s affluent society, a mosque is no longer considered as a place of rituals solely. During the time of the Prophet, likewise, at present, the mosque has managed to widen the role of mosque from merely facilitating the task of prayers to spiritual enhancement into a place for socializing education, learning, training, and networking. The seminar on mosque management is in conjunction with the International Women Summit 2016 in line with its theme: mosque management: unifying the ummah and serving for humanity shall focus on several pertinent issues at present such as, human development, the role of women, women and family well-being, welfare, extremism, peace building and plural society.
1. To find ways of broadening the role of mosque.
2. To globalize the concept of mosque as a center of comprehensive human development.
3. To find possible solutions regarding controversial issues on women and mosque.
4. To explore potentials of mosque in building women’s capacity.
5. To promote mosque as a center for women empowerment in education.
6. To enhance networking opportunities among participants.
CENTRAL THEME OF THE SEMINAR
The main theme of the seminar will be Mosque Management: Unifying the Ummah and Serving for Humanity.
SUB-THEMES OF THE SEMINAR
1. Mosque as a center for tarbiyyah ruhiyyah.
2. Scope and role of regional and local mosque.
3. Management of mosque: problems and solutions.
4. The role of murshidaat (in delivering talk in mosque) past and present.
5. Women's involvement in mosque management.
6. Mosque, women, and family well-being.
7. Religious extremism.
8. Mosque, unity in diversity.
9. Forging a common unity.
1. Date: 25th – 26th March 2016
2. Day: Friday – Saturday
3. Time: Friday 25th: 02:00pm – 05:00pm; Saturday 26th: 11:00am – 12:30pm
4. Venue: PWTC, Kuala Lumpur
LANGUAGE OF THE SEMINAR
The medium of this seminar is Arabic, English and Malay.
The seminar will be for two days: 25th - 26th March 2016. The important dates are highlighted in the box below:
Announcement for Call for Papers
1st October 2015
Last Date for Submission of Abstract
31st January 2016
Notification of Acceptance of Abstract
7th February 2016
Full Paper Submission
1st March 2016
Notification of Paper Acceptance
7th March 2016
Selected papers will be published in special issue of International Muslim Unity Journal and other papers will be published in an edited book.
The fee will be for the seminar package excluding air ticket and accommodation.
Contact:Br. Khairul Azri (019-6700413) (Substitute for Br. Zakwan)/ Ustaz Shahrul (019-6344723)
Tel:603-6196 4000 Ext: 3333 Fax: 603-6196 5024