KULLIYYAH OF MEDICINE
CPD MANAGEMENT UNIT
The medical profession has not only a legal but a moral duty to promote high standards of patient care. Medical practitioners must be updated and competent throughout their working life by regularly participating in continuing professional development activities. The Medical (Amendment) Act 2012 is an amendment to the Medical Act 1971 and the Medical Regulations 2017 which came into force on 1st July 2017 are to replace the Medical Regulations 1974. Pursuant to the Medical Act, practitioners are required to register with the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) to practise medicine in Malaysia. Section 28 (b) of the Act states that a fully registered medical practitioner who desires to renew his annual practising certificate (APC) amongst other criteria would have to provide evidence of sufficient continuing professional development (CPD) points obtained as determined by the Malaysian Medical Council. Thus, CPD has been made a compulsory requirement for the issuance of the APC. The mandatory CPD for registered medical practitioners aims to assure the public that they are up to date in their knowledge and skills throughout their working life by regularly taking part in activities relevant to their practice. - CPD Credit Points for Medical Practitioner, Ministry of Health (2018)
CMU WORKING COMMITTEE
CPD POINTS REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
A. CPD POINTS REGISTRATION CRITERIA
- A CPD points should be managed CPD liaison officers appointed by the Kulliyyah, and its CPD activities must be For Medical Doctors.
- The audience for the CPD activities provided must be healthcare professionals.
- Please provide details of the during the submission for CPD point. The incomplete/ inadequate information may delay the approval process: The details are as follows:
a) Email to: email@example.com
b) Programme password
c) Poster (in .JPEG format)
d) Tentative programme (in .PDF format)
e) Programme synopsis (in .DOC/.DOCX format). The synopsis must include: >>Click Here Example<<
- Programme Brief Introduction
- Organizer details (Name & Address)
- Name of person in-charge
- Contact of person in-charge
- Target of participant
- Quota of participant
- Link to page (if any)
- Speakers’ CV (in .PDF format)
4. The applicant (person in charge) of a CPD provider should be a Doctor and name and “Contact Person Detail” must be include in the programme synopsis.
5. Pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies will NOT be considered for registration.
6. Application for CPD activities and events to be accredited for CPD points will only be considered after the Provider organisation has been approved as a CPD provider.
7. Attendance of participant should be recorded and QR must be scanned. The attendant sheet must be submitted to the KOM CPD Management Committee via email not later than 7 working days after the event date, for doctors to view their CPD points in their mobile application. Please allow 30 minutes after the QR scanned attendance to allow the system to update in MMA Event apps.
8. Please provide separate attendance sheet for organizing committee and speakers for awarding point purposes.
B. MALAYSIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (MMA) STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE SUBMISSION DATELINE
- All applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT later than 45 days before the date of the CPD event for verification and accreditation of CPD points by the MMA CPD central committee.
- All events registered less than 30 days before the date of the CPD event may be processed but approval will not be guaranteed.
- Late applications made after the event date will not be entertained and will be rejected.
C. EVENT APPLICATIONS
- Educational content must be current, authoritative and evidence based.
- All approved events are advertised on the MMA CPD Mobile Application.
- Participants who attend CPD events held locally must RSVP to the provider/ organizer directly.
- Please DO NOT indicate the “number of CPD Points” OR “CPD points will be awarded” on documents/ flyers/ agenda before approval.
- Once after the approval has been obtained, the CPD Provider shall indicate the approved CPD Points and the approved EVENT ID CODE should be indicated on the documents/flyers/agenda for reference of the participants.
- Event title should NOT include “Pharma/Drug Name”, it must only include topic of the talk discussed.
- Provider’s Logo must be indicated at the top of all documents/flyers/agenda.
- Pharma/ Sponsor Logo must only be indicated at the bottom of the documents/flyers/agenda.
- Only the Pharma / Sponsor logo on all documents/flyers/agenda, without the Provider’s Logo is strictly not allowed.
- According to the ‘Malaysian Medical Council Scoring Schedule” internal department meetings or master course teachings” is strictly NOT allowed. All CPD events should be available and open to other departments in the hospital.
- Organizers are strictly not allowed to submit applications for events organized by pharmaceutical companies and/or medical device companies.
D. STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) FOR DUPLICATE EVENT APPLICATION
- Once after approval has been obtained and the event date has been postponed, changed or cancelled, kindly email to KOM-CPD Management Committee: email@example.com to inform that the date has been changed or cancelled.
- Once after approval has been obtained and the agenda/ itinerary has changes, kindly email to KOM-CPD Management Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the changes of agenda/itinerary by providing new agenda/itinerary. The process of new changes in the agenda would take 30 days for verification.
- The organizer is responsible to record and maintain hardcopy attendance of the participants and speakers at their accredited CPD events.
- The organizer should assign a unique password for each approved event via the MMA CPD online system. Please download the Mobile Application “MMA SCANNER” before the event date to scan the Doctors’ QR code in their MMA CPD mobile application in order to record attendance for participants. The MMA Scanner Guide can be viewed via this link https://youtu.be/pBTJe5cZIek
- Participants who did not scan their QR code to record attendance during the event, the hardcopy attendance records will need to be entered/keyed into the by the Provider manually.
- CPD events held solely for the public, nurses and paramedical staff, administrative staff and medical students, as well as hospital meetings (for discussion of minutes) will NOT be accredited CPD points for the participants. Application can however be made to accredit speaker CPD points if medical topics are delivered at a CPD event held for non-doctors. CPD points for Speakers and Organising Chairman of the event (if applicable) should be keyed in manually via the online MMA CPD System once the event has been completed.
Example of Attendance for Speakers & Organizing Chairman: >>Click Here<<
- Attendance list should be keyed in via the online MMA CPD system not later than 7 working days after the event date, for doctors to view their CPD points in their mobile application.
- Process flow as follows:
MMC-CPD GRADING SYSTEM
ATTENDANCE RECORD FOR DELEGATES AND SPEAKERS
- The requestor (known as Organizer) is responsible to record and maintain hardcopy attendance of the participants and speakers at their accredited CPD events.
- Attendance list should be keyed in via the online CPD system by the CPD Provider not later than 7 working days after the event date, for doctors to view their CPD points in their mobile application. Therefore, the organizer must submit details i.e Full name, NIRC, MMC No, Contact No., Date and Time to the CPD provider to key in into the online CPD system.
- CPD events effective from 1st July 2017 onwards, CPD Organizers that have failed to provide sufficient information to the Provider to be keyed-in the manual attendance within 14 days will be imposed administrative fee.
- The Provider should assign a unique password for each approved event via the MMA CPD online system. Please download the Mobile Application “MMA SCANNER” before the event date to scan the Doctors’ QR code in their MMA CPD mobile application in order to record attendance for participants. The MMA Scanner Guide can be viewed via this link https://youtu.be/pBTJe5cZIek
- Participants who did not scan their QR code to record attendance during the event, the hardcopy attendance records will need to be entered/keyed into the MMA CPD system by the Provider manually.
- CPD events held solely for the public, nurses and paramedical staff, administrative staff and medical students, as well as hospital meetings (for discussion of minutes) will NOT be accredited CPD points for the participants. Application can however be made to accredit speaker CPD points if medical topics are delivered at a CPD event held for non-doctors. CPD points for Speakers and Organising Chairman of the event (if applicable) should be keyed in manually via the online MMA CPD System once the event has been completed by the Provider.
SOP DURING MCO AND PREVENTION OF COVID19 TRANSMISSION
It is the responsibility of the organisers, employers, training providers and participants to ensure compliance to this guideline and all related NSC SOP throughout the implementation of any training event under the HRDF schemes.
- Temperature scan & contact tracing: All participants in a training must be screened before being allowed to enter any training facilities and properly recorded for every session of a training. Participants with high body temperature (more than 37.5 degrees Celsius) or showing other symptoms of Covid-19 should not be allowed access to the training facilities.
- Face mask: All participants in a training are highly encouraged to wear face masks throughout the duration of the training. If a participant does not have a mask, one must be provided to them by the training organiser.
- Hand sanitiser: Hand sanitiser must be made available at the entrance to the training facilities. Participants must also sanitise their hands every time they enter the facilities.
- Consumables: In order to reduce the risk of contamination, any consumables that are used during the training should be prepared for each individual with no sharing allowed. This includes but not limited to training material, markers, pens and paper.
- Physical distancing: Physical distancing must be maintained at all times. All participants must maintain a distance of 1 meter from each other.
- Training Venue: The training organiser must ensure that all the requirements in this guideline are met when choosing a venue for any training.
- Maximum number of participants: The maximum number of trainees allowed in a face-to-face training session is as detailed in the Allowable Cost Matrix (ACM) depending on the size of the training space and physical distancing.
- Meal Arrangements: Meals including refreshments must be pre-packed and consumed at the participants’ individual seating in the training facility.
- Entry and exit: Entry and exit points to a training space should be limited. Ideally, there should be 1 dedicated entry and 1 dedicated exit point. For training spaces with only one access, the training organiser must do close monitoring of the access to ensure that all entry and exit to the room is done in an orderly manner.
- Registration: Registration of participants including attendance record must be done digitally or in a log. This is to be done using QR codes through the MySejahtera application in addition to other forms of digital registration for organisers’ records.
KOM CMU LIAISON OFFICERS
For further enquiry regarding to CPD Registration may contact these liaison officers or e-mail to:
Mohd Ariff Hazami Elliazir
ORL-HNS, Ophthalmology, IIUMSC and others Kulliyyah
Zatur Rawihah Kamaruzaman
Pathology, BMS, Radiology
Nur Hakimah A. Manan
Community Medicine, Family Medicine
Aidil Faszrul Abdul Rahim
Psychiatry, Peadiatrics, Academic and PG Office, Anesthesiology
Muhamad Ezham Zainal Abdullah
Orthopaedics, Internal Medicine
Mohd Shahrul Fadzli Imaduddin