6th ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE OPENING OF THE MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION’S RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION 2018
Tarikh : 02 April 2018
Dilaporkan Oleh : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Kategori : Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE OPENING
OF THE MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION’S
RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATIONS
Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) 2018
This is to inform that the Ministry of Education (MOE) had announced the FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH GRANT SCHEME (FRGS) PHASE 1/2018 is now open beginning 17th JANUARY 2018 – 10th APRIL 2018
In relation to the above, we wish to encourage interested academic staff to make the necessary preparations accordingly. The application must be submitted online at http://mygrants.gov.my/main.php
1. The research required must be a research that can produce a new concept / theory / concept / method / model / process;
2. And Research that enhances existing policies, methodologies and modeling solutions;
3. Or Research involves humanitarian and community issues for the purpose of increasing the value of life both nationally and globally;
4. Or Potential research to contribute to the country's strategic agenda.
|NO||GRANT SCHEME||CLOSING DATE||MAX AMOUNT (RM)||DURATION|
|1||Prototype Development Research Grant Scheme
THE APPLICATIONS FOR PRGS IS CLOSED
|CLOSED||500,000.00||Not exceeding two (2) years|
|2||Long Term Research Grant Scheme
THE APPLICATIONS FOR LRGS IS CLOSED
|Three (3) to five (5) years|
|3||Trans-disciplinary Research Grant Scheme (TRGS)
THE APPLICATIONS FOR TRGS IS CLOSED
(first year allocation should not exceed 50% of total allocation)
|Not exceeding three (3) years|
|4||Fundamental Research Grant Scheme(FRGS)
2018 Policy & Guidelines:
FRGS 2018 Guidelines
FRGS Application Manual:
FRGS Application Manual
|SUBMISSIONS AND EVALUATION PERIOD
(NOW UNTIL 10 APRIL 2018)
*Please take note that an earlier submission will ensure your proposal be fully evaluated.
The RMC will not take responsibility of unevaluated proposals due to late submissions.
10th of April is Date of FINAL EVALUATION,by the University Evaluators.
|250,000||Not exceeding three (3) year|
*The evaluation of the Research Proposals (Until the 10th of April 2018) will entail:
a) Evaluation 1 by Evaluators
b) Resubmission 1 by Researchers to Evaluators
c) Evaluation 2 by Evaluators
d) Resubmission 2 by the Researchers
e) Evaluation 3 by Evaluators
f) Resubmission 3 by the Researchers
g) Evaluators then makes a decision and submits to the Research Management Centre.
h) Finally, there will then be an RMC Evaluation at the Research Management Centre.
Every research project will be evaluated by 2 Expert University Evaluators
TERMS OF PROGRAM LEADER / PROJECT LEADER AND CO-RESEARCHER
IMPORTANT: ONLY USE INTERNET EXPLORER when using the MyGRANTS System. DO NOT use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or any other networks to access the MyGRANTS System. DO NOT use MACINTOSH computers or any Apple devices.
1. Registering at MyGRANTS System: For those of you who have not yet registered their details in the MyGrants system, please do so at: http://mygrants.gov.my/main.php
2. Updating profiles at MyGRANTS System: Researchers who have updated their profiles in the MyGrants System – do note that the system will change your status in the MyGrants from Verified to Unverified and this status is not visible to our team unless we search you by your name. Therefore, you need to email/inform us to ensure that we re-verify you.
3. Research with IMPACT FACTOR: to ensure a competitive research proposal, do ensure that your research proposal will directly impact the society, especially the Malaysian society.
Lastly, the very best of luck to you and your team. Our doa for your success.
For further queries, please contact:
1.Aida Melly Tan Mutalib, Snr. Asst. Director, Tel: Ext. 5011
2. Sr Fuziah Ningah, Administrative Assistant, Tel: Ext. 6199 Email: email@example.com
3. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azura Amid, Tel: Ext. 5006
“Acculturating Itqan, Ikhlas and Excellence in Research & Innovation”
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE
INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA