Doctor of Philosophy in Biobehavioural Health Sciences
The Biobehavioural Health Sciences research is a growing research area recently with the main theme is the translation of research findings into clinical practice, through clinical trials of behavioral interventions on vulnerable individuals and populations. The multidisciplinary research area focus on the identification of biological, psychological and social factors associated with developmental risk and resiliency in patient and community, and the development of innovative interventions that will promote the health and quality of life. Mostly the research area will utilize thoroughly human as the research sample namely from tissue, blood or even perception and feelings.
This course is aimed at Master Degree holders who intent to pursue research at a higher level and also personnel from the work sector who would like to be engaged in research with the intention of updating knowledge as well as a means of personal development.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To introduce excellence in a novel area of Biobehavioural Health Sciences and attain optimal satisfaction research environment incorporate with Islamic value.
- To develop an integrate research encompassing biological, behavioural, social cultural and environmental elements used in solving patient care problems.
- To be recognized as a pioneer and top-ranking university offering quality research in Biobehavioural Health Sciences.
Duration of the study: 3 years full time or 6 years part time program (normal 3 years full time or 6 years part time program (normal progression)/ research mode under academic supervision.
- A Master Degree in relevant Health and Social Sciences programs from local or international university recognized by the Kulliyyah and the University.
- Applications from candidates with significant research or 10 years working experience as approved by the Kulliyyah and the University will be highly considered.
- Any other qualification that is recognized by the IIUM Senate as equivalent to the above.
- Candidates must demonstrate a good command of the English Language. Our English language requirement is:
- TOEFL 500; or
- IELTS 5; or
- English Placement Test 5 (administered by the University)
Deputy Dean (Postgraduate)
Asst. Prof. Dr. Lee Siew Pien