INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT AND CIVILISATION (ISTAC-IIUM)
Welcome to the
International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Kuala Lumpur.
ISTAC-IIUM is dedicated to engaging in advanced-level study and research about Islamic thought and civilisation at the national and global levels to nurture comparative, cultural, and civilisational studies that is devoted to the renewal of Islam and human civilisation.
ISTAC-IIUM has an international level of scholars and academics with expertise in Islamic thought and civilisation and world-recognised research contributions in its niche areas of specialisation. Its library is one of the best, with valuable manuscripts in Malay, Arabic, Ottoman Turkish, Persian, and Urdu languages. There is plenty of opportunities for research in manuscript studies.
RECENT BOOK LAUNCH
|Professor Dato' Dr. Ahmad Murad Merican with his newest book entitled "Tanah Air, Passing Through The Malay Archipelago", published by ISTAC-IIUM Publications. Launched at the KL Alternative Book Fest 2023 on the 25th of February 2023.|
ISTAC SCHOLARSHIP FUND FOR
EXCELLENT STUDENTS (I-SET)
ISTAC-IIUM is pleased to announce that ISTAC SEJAHTERA SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANTSHIP (ISSFA) PROGRAMME is now open for application for Semester 2, 2021/2022.
|The main objectives of the ISTAC’s program are to: |
(1) ISTAC-IIUM advancing the Cause of Renewal of Islamic Thought & Civilisation for Global Relevance.
(2) Nurturing Quality & value-driven Scholars and graduates for balanced civilisational development.
(3) Positioning ISTAC-IIUM as a Leading Centre of transformation and knowledge creation and application for societal sustainable development.
(4) Championing responsible integrated research (Inter-multi & transdisciplinary).
(5) Advancing Malay world Islamic Civilisation Studies.
(6) Leading in spiritual, cultural & civilisational integrated niche area
|ISTAC’s niche areas include: |
(1) Islamic Thought, Civilization and Sustainable Development
(2) Epistemology, Spirituality and Intellectuality in Islamic Civilisation
(3) Religious and Comparative Civilizational Studies
(4) Malay‐Islamic Civilisation and the Modern World
(5) Peace and Security Studies from a Civilizational Perspective
(6) Islam, Family and Gender Studies