DEADLINE: 21 OCT 2022, THE OPENING OF JAMALULLAIL-KEP (KNOWLEDGE EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME)
التاريخ : 30 September 2022
المحرر : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
الفئة : Announcements
3rd OCTOBER 2022 (Monday) - 21st OCTOBER 2022 (FRIDAY)
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
May this email reach you in the best of health and Iman by the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.
Dear Dato’/Prof./Assoc. Prof./Dr.,
We are pleased to introduce a new grant to our respected researchers. The grant is a collaboration between Research Management Centre, Office of Industrial Links and Jamalullail Chair in International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
The objectives of the Jamalullail Knowledge Empowerment Programme are to:
1) Promote research that provide practical-based solutions that can be applied to the Majlis Agama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Perlis (MAIPs), society and Asnaf development in Perlis.
2) Support research projects that empower communities, encourage social inclusivity and the improvement of the environment in Perlis.
3) Promote research collaboration between IIUM researchers and the industry or community
RESEARCH FOCUS AREA
The target of the J-KEP is the Asnaf in Perlis and to ensure they will receive full benefit of the research. The asnaf means ('Fuqaraa''(the poor) and 'masakeen' (The needy))
1) Asnaf empowerment
1.1) Asnaf business center (Physical development and structure, marketing strategy and planning)
1.2) Perkampungan asnaf in Perlis
2.1) Digitalisation of cemetery
2.2) Data tracking of visitors via website (MAIPs) - online service
2.3) Digital entrepreneurship
3.1) Education for Islamic school under MAIPs
3.2) Module development for special needs children
3.3) Module development for mosque management
4) Disaster resilient architecture - specifically for typhoons
5) Any projects that are beneficial to the asnaf in Perlis.
DURATION (Subject to the Jamalullail Committee review)
Research projects should be completed within a period of 12 months from the approval date with up to 12 months extension (subject to good progress and approval by the Committee).
1) Only ONE application per staff. A minimum of two (2) Project Members are required.
1.1) To include one (1) Project Member from Kolej Universiti Islam Perlis (KUIPs) or any educational institution in Perlis.
1.2) To include one (1) Project Member from IIUM.
2) Open to ALL academic staff.
3) Collaboration with community or industry. Collaboration with industry or community will require a certain amount of funds (monetary (industry) or in-kind (community)) to match with the Principal Investigator in IIUM as per the table in the budget section below.
4) The applicant is not on study leave.
5) The budget is appropriate and meets the objectives of the grant.
6) The project meets the objectives of the grant and is related to community development in Perlis.
1) The budget is per the following table.
Fund from MAIPs
Fund from Community/Industry*
Non-S & T
Non-S & T
* Contribution from the Community can be in-kind or monetary form
* Contribution from the Industry shall be in monetary form
2) All publication and related costs are to be borne by this grant.
3) Attending overseas and national conferences is not supported by this grant unless the required outputs have been achieved, evidence provided for those outputs, and if there is surplus money to support such activity. It is also subject to the approval by the Committee.
REQUIRED OUTPUT OF RESEARCH
1) Project Leader shall provide practical-based solutions for the output of project that can be applied to the MAIPs, society and asnaf development in Perlis.
2) Project Leader shall acknowledge all fellow collaborators (minimum 1 active academic) and all sources of funding openly in any publication or publicity.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
· Interested researchers are kindly invited to apply for this grant via the RMSV2, accessible at rmsv2.iium.edu.my from 3 OCTOBER 2022 (Monday) - 21 OCTOBER 2022 (FRIDAY).
· UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will request for the extension of the deadline be entertained.
· All decisions by the evaluators are final.
· Please login using your valid HURIS username and password. Please refer to the attachment for the manual on the Online Research Grant Application Module and the Guidelines for the Jamalullail Responsible Research Grant Scheme.
For further information, please contact the following staff:
1. Mdm Rafizah binti Mohd Ramli (OIL) at email@example.com
2. Mdm Raja Nur Sabrina binti Raja Ahmad Shah (RMC) firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Sr. Nur Amnah Binti Duniya (Jamalullail Chair) at email@example.com .
We look forward to receiving your applications and we wish you all the best!
Thank You and Wassalam.
Research Management Centre, IIUM