MOBILITY PROGRAMMES TO SUPPORT FRENCH-MALAYSIAN COOPERATION IN RESEARCH AND HIGHER EDUCATION 2023
Date : 09 February 2023
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
May this email reach you in the best of health and Iman by the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.
YBhg. Tan Sri / Dato' / Prof. / Assoc. Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam / Br. / Sr. ,
We are pleased to inform you that the Embassy of France in Malaysia has recently launched 2023 calls for mobility programmes. This is their initiative to support students and researchers from Malaysia who wish to pursue graduate training in France or who aim at developing strong academic or research programmes with Higher Education institutions in France.
1) Master studies and pre-doctoral mobility: 12-month scholarships for students wishing to enrol in a Master’s programme in France (M1 + M2) or only M2, with the objective of pursuing their studies through a PhD in France (preferably in co-direction or cotutelle). In this case, the M2 internship will be the opportunity for them to get acquainted with their potential PhD director and set the ground for their PhD research work.
2) Doctoral mobility: financial support for PhD students, preferably engaged in a co-direction or cotutelle programme, and wishing to perform a research stay in France (3-6 months).
3) Mobility for researchers and lecturers: one-month stays in France allowing for the researcher or lecturer to launch a new research or training collaboration programme - or develop an existing programme in a significant way.
These calls target all areas of study and research, including science, technology, engineering, humanities, social sciences, etc. French as a Foreign Language is the only exception.
Grant Application and Evaluation Process
- Applicants must follow the instructions and calendar indicated in each call.
- Applications will be assessed by an internal committee set up by the Embassy.
- We particularly encourage applications
- including some level of co-funding by a Malaysian institution
- leading way to a new bilateral collaboration
- Please note that all selection processes are guided by gender equality and non-discrimination principles.
More details on how to apply to these 3 calls (guide and application forms) are below:
Should you have any questions, please email Dr Valérie Barbosa
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE