DEADLINE: 15 DEC 2021(Wednesday), Community Link 2021/2022 Programme
Date : 26 November 2021
Reported by : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
Category : Announcements
Assalamu’alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,
YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam,
May this email reach you in the best of health and Iman by the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.
We are pleased to inform you that the Community Link programme is open for 2021 / 2022. Community Link is CIMB Foundation’s flagship programme which invites applications for grants to fund CSR initiatives to benefit the communities around us.
About Community Link
- Community Link has continuously and consistently supported various community-based programmes since its inception over 13 years ago.
- Community Link has implemented almost 1,000 projects impacting more than 600,000 Malaysians nationwide.
- Community Link has also served as a platform for employees of CIMB Group to partner with local organisations and community leaders to give back to the communities we serve in.
Community Link Grant
Up to RM50,000 per application
Project to commence in 2022 and should not exceed 12 months
Latest by 15 December 2021
Community Link project covers 4 pillars
CIMB began moving towards long-term programmes that bring sustainable community benefits under its four pillars:
Health and Community Well-being
- to build a healthier and more productive nation through various community programmes for underserved communities.
Grants available for community-based health screening programmes, gift of clear vision programmes, sensory therapy infrastructure for schools & community centres and clean water programmes for communities etc.
2. Active Lifestyle
Grants are available for community-based health sessions, sports clinics or community sports competitions.
- to run programmes to address social, education and economic inequalities in modern society.
1. Tech-Based Educational Support
Grants available to improve ICT infrastructure for rural communities, technology-based education for school children and
2. English Literacy Programmes
Grant is available to run programmes to increase the English literacy level of school-going children.
3. Vocational Education for Youths / People with Disabilities
Grant available to increase the capacity of the vocational programme through infrastructure and facility improvements.
- to provide new skills for underserved communities to increase capacity, productivity and employability leading towards financial independence.
1. Capacity Building
Grant is available to run programmes for women, people with disabilities and young adults.
2. Social Business
Grants are available for social organisations to set up or expand a social business model to generate sustainable revenue to support social projects.
Climate and Environment
- Community Link supports a programme addressing climate change issues which have brought severe weather patterns with intense storms and drought, heatwaves and rising sea levels directly affecting communities today.
1. Environment Initiatives
Grants are available for environment rehabilitation projects Eg. Replanting initiatives, clean-up activities and environment rehabilitation programmes.
2. Renewable Energy
Grants are available to help rural communities to reduce dependency on fossil fuels for electricity. Clean renewable energy programmes to bring solar-based and micro-hydro technologies to generate electricity.
Download and complete the attached Grant Application Form, and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org before 15th December 2021 with the subject title: “Community Link 2021/2022”
If there is anything, please email to;
Noor Ali: email@example.com
Chiau Ling: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope our respected researchers will grasp the opportunity to apply for the grant.
Thank you. Wassalam.
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE