OPENING OF [SPECIAL FUND] NEWTON FUND: Use of the ISIS Neutron & Muon Source, UK
التاريخ : 22 August 2019
المحرر : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
الفئة : Announcements
RMC ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE OPENING OF
* [SPECIAL FUND] NEWTON FUND:
Use of the ISIS Neutron & Muon Source, UK *
(Deadline: 9 September 2019)
YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam,
I respectfully refer to the above.
2. The Department of Higher Education (JPT) and the Science and Technology Facilities Council, United Kingdom (STFC) have agreed to undertake research cooperation under the Newton Fund Program and the Malaysia Partnership and Alliances in Research (MyPAiR). This research collaboration focuses on the use of the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source (ISIS) in the United Kingdom. ISIS is one of the centers and research facilities located at the STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory near Oxford. ISIS is capable of producing neutron rays and muons that allow scientists to study materials at the atomic level using a variety of instruments. ISIS has conducted research involving more than 2,000 scientists using neutrons and muons for research in physics, chemistry, materials science, geology, engineering, and biology.
3. Following that, the JPT and STFC opened applications for the use of ISIS for research implementation in various fields. Researchers who wish to apply should fill out the Science Case template (2 pages) as attached. A complete Science Case template should be included along with the included cover sheet. This Science Case template should be submitted to the Grant Initiative Unit * before or on 9nSeptember 9, 2019 * via the following email:
4. Please click here for attachments:
1. NEWTON FUND Use of the ISIS Neutron & Muon Source UK
2. Malaysia_ISIS_Proposal Cover
5. Information from MOE:
5.1. Each university is allowed to submit only two (2) applications;
5.2. Each application must be submitted as one (1) pdf file. RMC is requested to send both applications in pdf format by email as per paragraph 3;
5.3. Appropriate assessment is encouraged as applications are limited to each university;
5.4. Submissions must be made in accordance with the date and stipulation specified.
6. Cooperation and attention of YBhg. Tan Sri / Datuk / Dato '/ Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam on this matter is very much appreciated.
We look forward to receiving more fund applications this year.
“Acculturating Itqan, Ikhlas and Excellence in Research & Innovation”
For further queries, please contact:
1.Aida Melly Tan Mutalib, Snr. Asst. Director, Email: +603-6421 5011
2. Fuziah Ningah, Administrative Assistant, Email:+603-6421 6199
GRANT INITIATIVE UNIT
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE
INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA